We look forward to seeing you this Fishing Season At Pakwash Lake Camp. We live to Fish and Hunt. We love living here on Pakwash Lake with our family and friends. Hope to see you soon! Escape...Experience...& Explore Canada's Unique Wilderness. A Fishing & Hunting Vacation in Northern Ontario for Trophy Northern, Walleye, Perch & Smallmouth Bass on Pakwash Lake, in the heart of Ear Falls and Red Lake Resorts, Ontario, Canada.

Welcome to Pakwash Lake. Let's Go Fishing! Thank you for making Pakwash Lake a great place to live! Kimby

Pakwash Lake Camp Box 128 Ear Falls, On P0V 1T0
807-222-3353 home 807-727-0941 cell
1-888-PAKWASH toll free



Friday, February 22, 2013

Updated info you might need for your trip!

Crossing the Border:

To get some general border crossing information:
Make sure that you enjoy your trip to Canada. Crossing the border to Canada is generally a simple straight forward process. Just answer the CBSA border guard's questions clearly and honestly. Don't try to bring in any prohibited goods and declare all items you will be leaving behind or consuming in Canada. Go here for more detailed information regarding border crossing issues and more information regarding importing firearms

If you have troubles:
If you have had a problem at the Canadian Border regarding your entry into Canada there is a form you can fill out. Your issue will be reviewed and used in lobbying the Canada Border Services Agency to improve their handling of future entries to Canada.

Other information for you to help you get across the border:

On your way, to the destination

Radio Transmitting Equipment:
U.S. residents, are allowed to operate aircraft, marine, amateur, citizen band (CB), Family Radio Service (FRS) radios as well as cellular and PCS mobile radio telephones in Canada. For more info contact Industry Canada at spectrum_pubs@ic.gc.ca or on their web site at www.strategis.ic.gc.ca.

Road Conditions:
Information on local highway conditions and road closures is available year round from the Road Information Centre. Phone 1-800-465-5032.

The summer in Canada' Heartland is quite warm with highs around 22-24 degrees Celsius (74 degrees F) though nights can get cool. From mid-September to mid-November and from mid-March to mid-April medium to heavy weight clothing is required and there is a need to dress warmly for all of the winter months.

Public holidays in Ontario include New Years Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day (May 24th or preceding Monday), Canada Day (July 1), Civic Holiday (first Monday in August), Labour Day (first Monday in September), Thanksgiving (second Monday in October), Christmas Day and Boxing Day (Dec.26).

Canadian postage stamps must be used on all mail posted in Canada. Current postage rates may be obtained at Post Offices and retail postal outlets which operate in most communities. For more info call 1-800-267-1177

Hospital and Medical Services:
Visitors are strongly urged to obtain health insurance before leaving their home country as it is possible that their health insurance does not extend coverage outside their country of residence. Visitors are not eligible for coverage under the Ontario Hospital Insurance Plan (O.H.I.P.). For further information they should contact their travel or insurance agent.

Anyone 19 or over may buy liquor, wine and beer from government liquor stores (The LCBO) and a larger selection of beer from beer stores (Brewer's Retail Stores), both of which are located throughout the province in most communities. It is an offense to consume alcohol outside a residence or licensed establishment (which may serve liquor between the hours of 11 am and 2 am). Driving motorized vehicles, including boats while impaired is illegal and you can be convicted for refusing to take a breathalyser test or having a breathalyser reading greater than 80 mg (0.08%) of alcohol per 100 ml of blood. In Canada an Impaired Driving Conviction (DUI/DWI) is a felony conviction.

Dogs and cats over three months of age entering Canada from the United States will need certification, signed by a licensed veterinarian stating that they have been vaccinated against rabies during the preceding 36 months. The certificate must provide a complete and legible description of the pet and the date of vaccination. One or three year vaccinations are acceptable. Dogs must be vaccinated in the preceding 36 month period and at least 30 days prior to reentry into the United States.

On the international money market the American dollar is worth considerably more than the Canadian dollar. Visitors are urged to exchange currency at any financial institution (banks, credit unions) soon after arrival in Canada. The Canadian dollar is the only legal tender in Canada but as a courtesy, most hotels, restaurants, retail outlets and many other businesses offer fair exchange of U.S. currency.

Credit Cards:
All major American bank cards and credit cards are honoured in Canada including VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Diner's Club, most oil company cards and businesses that operate in both countries. Credit card purchases may save you money because these purchases are billed at the U.S. dollar equivalent of the Canadian price.

Customs & Immigration:
American visitors crossing the border, either way, may be asked to prove citizenship with such documents as a passport, a birth or baptismal certificate. Naturalized U.S. citizens should carry a naturalization certificate. Permanent U.S. residents who are not citizens are advised to bring their Alien Registration Receipt Card. Citizens of all other countries, except Greenland and residents of St. Pierre and Miquelon, must have a valid passport and some also require a visitor's visa. Travellers under the age of 18 and unaccompanied by an adult need a letter of permission from a parent or guardian to travel in Canada.

Gifts up to $60(Canadian Funds) each in value are duty free provided they do not contain alcohol, tobacco or advertising material.

As long as you meet the age requirement set by the province where you enter Canada, you may import 1.5 liters of wine or 1.14 liters (40 ounces) of liquor OR 24 x 355 ml cans or bottles of beer or ale. Those over 18 years of age may bring 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 200 grams of manufactured tobacco and 200 tobacco sticks.

No comments: